Sunday, October 16, 2011

So it's been a while

Okay so I know I've been awful with keeping up with this thing. Truth is, a lot of stuff happened all at once and I kinda got caught up in this little thing we call life.

There has been a recent chain of events that have caused mayhem, yet have been truly great for my life. I recently moved jobs to another place and am enjoying it a lot more than my past job. I've also bonded closer with some family and other friends who I hadn't really talked to much. God has never failed to kick me in the behind and show me what was up. I was torn to shreds and completely broken. I had realized that I had been serving Ashlie, not the mighty, amazing God that I was created to serve.

I find it funny how things really work and come together. I see all the different changes and bad things that have gone on and how they've shaped me into a person that I've craved to be for a very long time. It's so easy to get swallowed into sadness and everything else around you, regardless of all the blessings we're given that are obviously there. But being stuck in foolishness and that awful pity party, we fail to even acknowledge them. Yeah, we're human, but people, excuses need to stop. Jesus could've come up with a million and one excuses not to save us, but he took what we gave him and still praised God for it. It's pitiful how everything is becoming, and how much I even personally let some things get to me. I constantly see people make threats to kill themselves (which is serious business), and I can't help but want to tell them to stop and be quiet. There are times when I feel super down and I feel like nothing can be fixed, yet I continue to fight the good fight as I am called to do. I have a purpose here on earth. Not to feel sorry for myself, but to preach the Word of God to people who are ignorant and starving for it. Every one has stuff going on. Let's face it, trials either make or break us, but where we place them in regards of importance to our lives is up to us, and definitely shows how much of yourself you are willing to kill for Christ. This place isn't our home, and instead of freaking out about the end of the world, or the president, or even that thing that you cant get over from like a zillion years ago, praise God for life and a chance to bring glory to him! Pray for forgiveness daily, and pray that you could even be a fraction of worthy for what he did on that Cross for you. The time we're given here is precious and we already waste almost all of it on junk that doesn't matter. Salvation was given at a great price, now put a little more effort in serving the amazing God who gave it all for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment